July 23, 2013

The Beauty: Hot Weather Survival


You know the times when it's boiling hot outside and you instantly begin to sweat when you just move your pinky? That's the times I just don't want to moisture and pamper myself. But just in those times it's even more important to stay hydrated and keep your skin hydrated as well. So I found some products that work perfectly for me and that don't make me moisture for hours and let's face it: break out in sweat.


 
In the mornings I always take a shower (otherwise my hair is a mess...) and I wash my body with the The Body Shop Mango Shower Gel that smells just as mangos and gives me a fruity summery wakeup splash just as I need it. After I've completed my hairwash and bodyscrub routine I then use the NIVEA In-Shower Body Milk to moisture my dry skin. This product is amazing! You just turn of the water, moisturize your whole body and then rinse the milk of again. And as you get out off the shower your skin is as soft as a babys bum and you can put your clothes straight on. (For dryer skin days I tend to remoisture after a few hours with another moisturizer, but that's normally just needed once a week.)

For skin moisturization I then use the The Body Shop Aloe Soothin Moisture Lotion SPF 15. This is perfect for me as my face doesn't burn in the sun at all but I sure want to protect it anyway. I pop this in my bag when I go out and apply it again when needed. The AHAVA Deadsea Plants Dry Oil Body Mist  also wanders into my bag for a little spritz of instant moisture and lovely smell. No perfumes for me these days, just the body mist! 



When I get home from a long day out I normally have hot swolen feet. No shame here it is what it is.. So I put on the Yves Rocher Ice-Gel Tired Feet Gel with lavender and peppermint. For extra cooling I keep this in my fridge. Best thing ever! What's also kept in my fridge is a Aloe Vera Gel that I put on super sensitive and dry skin in the evenings. Also great cooling after a sun burn.. And as finishing touch I put on the ORIGINS Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask. 


When I just can't stand the heat, have a mosquito bite or just itchy skin I put on a cooling pack (I even got a cooling eye mask..) and just watch some youtube videos and relax.

Besides these products I of course put on sunscreen when I go out of house. For me it's the Korres Sunscreen Face & Body Emulsion Yoghurt in SPF50 for sensitive and fair complexions. 

Do you have any essential hot weater products?
Let me know below, on bloglovin, instagram or twitter!

Lots of love
Julie