February 11, 2015

The Life: 5 Things I Love

Planning my holidays and booking flights. Instead of interning all summer long (as originally planned...) I will be visiting my boyfriend in Japan for about two weeks and afterwards I'll be travelling beautiful Sweden with a friend of mine. And I'm so into the planning process! I just adore looking up places to visit, cafes to lunch at and gear to pack. So if you've got any good recommendations for either Osaka, Japan or Sweden then you're very welcome to leave them in the comments or send me an e-mail.

Listening to audio books. As I've been quite busy the last few weeks I haven't had to much time to read a physical book. But my boyfriend and I have been listening to 'Känguru Chroniken' by Marc-Uwe Kling and the two sequels every night before sleep. I'm so in love with the entertaining characters and Marc-Uwe's amazing voice!

My filofax. I've always been a stationary junky. There's just something about writing into a new beautiful notebook with a beautiful pen. When I opened my boyfriend's present at christmas I was beyond happy about it being a filofax. I'm now the proud owner of the Filofax Metropol Personal Organizer in red and have been using it ever since. The system that allows you to organize dates, deadlines and every day life just the way it suits you best is amazing. And the ways you can decorate your pages have made me happy as well and even more pleased to plan the day ahead.

Memory keeping. I've dedicated the whole past week to sorting through photos, arranging them by year and putting the best ones into photo albums. My parents have kept photo albums from 1993 to the end of 1995, so the first few years have been covered and I've made it my task to choose photos from then on and arrange them as beautifully as they did. And with every photograph I've looked at I'm even more grateful for the wonderful family, friends and memories I have.  
              It's not what we have in life, but who we have in our life that matters.
Lots of Love
Julie