February 9, 2015

The Beauty: Makeup from abroad


When I hear Brits complaining that the newest launch from the US hasn't hit their counters yet (just about a month after the original launch) I always get a bit frustrated. Here in Germany we'll be waiting over a year for the 'new' launches to arrive and then they'll already be a bit out of fashion. Of course this has advantages as well. The whole blogging world will already have tested all the bits and raved about them in their latest favourites. And when the products finally hit up our counters I will just browse my favourite blogs and know whether a product will be worth the splurge.

But still there will be brands that I'm not able to get here in Germany, so I like to browse farmacies and drugstore whilst on holiday or even get friends to bring me some items from abroad. Whilst in France and Spain I've picked up quite some products from Bourjois. In the UK I've splurged on Revlon. A good friend brought me some Tarte from the US. And I've ordered products from Real Techniques and Dainty Doll online.

I love the thrill every morning to use products from abroad and they make makeup application even more fun. Although I've started cutting down my usage of the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush, because I'm getting scared I might hit pan soon.

Do you know any online shops that sell products you can't get here in Germany?
 
Lots of Love
Julie