September 1, 2014

The Favourite: 5 Brushes


Today I'm showing you my five favourite (and affordable!) makeup brushes.


Real Techniques Buffing Brush This brush is part of the CoreCollection (23€ for 4 brushes) by RealTechniques. I use it for buffing in my foundation and it really does a brilliant job. I don't feel like the brush absorbs much product which is always nice and foundation as well as concealer are buffed beautifully into my skin. You can really build up the coverage using this brush or just go for a light and natural look.

Real Techniques Stippling Brush I've just had this brush for 4 months now (look here), but it just a true stunner combined with cream products. It retails for about 13€ and as all RealTechniques brushes is of really great quality. For a long time I used to apply cream products using my fingers, but I wasn't very pleased with my results. Using the stippling brush I can buff cream bronzer into my face making it look like I've got a natural glowy tan. Truely amazing!

Ebelin Blush Brush This is a blush brush from the german drugstores (about 3.95€) and though it's really high perfoming. The shape of the brush allows me to swipe blusher at the apples of my cheeks, contour under my cheekbones and highlighter onto my cheekbones perfectly. With really soft bristles you could mistake this for a highend brush. The only downside is the handle: I already hat to glue it back on twice..

Kiko Eyes 200 I don't like to splurge on brushes, because I'm to anxious about breaking them or not enjoying them as much as I should. So I've been on the hunt for a Mac 217 dupe for a very long time. And I think with this Kiko blending brush I've found the perfect alternative for me. Retailing for 9.90€ it's not particulary cheap, but it really does an amazing job at blending eyeshadows and defining my crease.

Essence Eyeshadow Brush With the price at only 2€ this brush is the most affordable out of my bunch of favourites. As the bristles are fairly stiff I can't work with it on my eyelid as I just don't like that feeling. But to fill in my eyebrows this guy is perfect. It might look big at first, but with it's stiff compact bristles I can apply browpowder perfectly even on the thinner ends of my brows.

Do you have any favourite brushes? And do you rely on highend brushes?

Lots of Love
Julie