August 1, 2014

The Beauty: Travel Makeup Bag #CampingEdition


So I'm going camping in France for two weeks on the 6th August and thought you might be interested to have a sneek into my travel makeup bag!
When I'm on holiday I don't wear makeup most days and when I do it's this no-makeup-makeup-look you can see below. My routine really has to be fuzz free and quick as I don't really like standing aroung in the campingrestrooms doing my makeup..
 
 

Base: I don't want to apply a heavy load of foundation when I'm on holiday so I will just be applying a combination of my two current favourite concealers. First I apply a bit of the Kiko Natural Concealer in '02' wherever I havy any spot, redness or other imperfections and blend it with a faux Beauty Blender from Ebelin. To cover up my under-eye circles and give my face more of a radiant and glowing look I use the Yves Rocher Radiant Youth Correcter in 'R301'.

Cheeks&Colour: To embrace my holiday tan (fingers crossed!) I use the Bourjois Bronzing Primer on the places of my face the sun has and will hit me. I apply this cream product with the Real Techniques Stippling Brush. For a lovely hint of colour I use the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in 'Tipsy' with a Ebelin Blush Brush (the handle is broken so it's perfect for travelling!). The mirror that comes inside the blush will be my only compact mirror on holiday.
Eyes: I really nearly don't use any eyeshadow on holiday. When I'm going out for dinner I like to apply a bit (nude) colour to my eyes. I will be taking this Kiko quad with me, 3 shades as eyeshadow and one to fill my brows with. I'm taking the Kiko Eyeshadows in '214 Mat Desert Sand', '220 Metallic Golden Rose' and '216 Pearly Nutmeg' away with me and apply them using the Zoeva Shader Brush (all over the lid application), the Zoeva Pencil Brush (outer-v and crease application) and the KIKO Brush (this really is a perfect blending brush). I'm taking my current favourite waterproof mascara, the Maybelline Mega Volume Collagene 24H (& my Kiko Eyelash Curlers). To brighten up my eyes I use the Max Factor Kohl Kajal in '090 Natural Glaze'. If I'm feeling really crazy I'll apply the Essence LE wave goddess eyeliner in '01 Life is better when you surf'.  
Lips&Eyebrows: To fill in my brows I use the Kiko Eyeshadow in '242 Mat Dark Brown' applied with a flat, thick Essence Eyeshadow Brush and set it with the Alverde Clear Brow Gel. For lips I just take the Clarins Instant Lightning Lip Perfector in '02' .

What are you're travel makeup essentials?

Lots of Love
Julie