June 13, 2014

The Current Favourite #3

Showing you some of my current favourites today including the perfect brush for cream products!


I've got something for your hair, your skin, your base and your lashes today, so everything's covered!
Wearing my hair in a middle-parting at the moment (check out at my Instagram!) I just really need an extra bit of oomph and texture to my hair! So I've been loving the Toni&Guy Casual Sea Salt Texturising Spray for Texture&Body. I apply it onto my damp to dry roots and then continue blowdrying with my head upside down. As my hair is naturally really straight I don't really get beachy waves, but it definitely loosens up my straight non-textured hair and makes it look volumized and (if you can say that about your own hair..) amazing!
As it's boiling hot outside at the moment I want to protect my skin from drying out and help it keep hydrated. For that purpose I've discovered the The Body Shop Aloe Protective Serum for Sensitive Skin and it just does what it says on the bottle, it's a "pre-moisturiser to reinforce skin's natural shield". I've been applying this both in the mornings and nights before my moisturiser (my currents SPF can be seen over here) and have really seen a difference. My skin just looks healthy, plumped up and quite evened out as well. 
When I was in Malaga at the end of April I tried my friend Laura's favourite mascara and have been loving it as well ever since. It's the L'Oreal Mega Volume Collagene 24H Waterproof Mascara in 'Mega Black' and it really really really gives my lashes such big volume! It also lengthens quite a bit and holds my curl all day long. I've even got compliments on my lashes which really never happens to my short straight lashes normally! And it has totally replaced my all time favourite the Clinique Hight Impact Mascara.
And last but not least I've been loving the Real Techniques Stippling Brush to apply the Bourjois Bronzing Primer (dedicated blogpost over here) and it's just the perfect brush to apply cream products. The slightly longer bristles just pick up the right amount of product and then the shorter bristles really work the product in evenly. 

Have you had any favourite products the last couple of weeks or any new recommendations for me to try?
Lots of Love
Julie