September 22, 2014

The Current Favourite #5


I did my last 'current favourites' post just about a month ago, but I already got some new products I'm loving and really need to mention them here.

Whilst purchasing a big load of Rituals products together with my mother a couple of weeks ago (more on this soon...) I got this Rituals Happy Buddha Organic Mandarin & Yuzu Foaming Shower Gel Sensation for free. As it's 50ml it's been perfect for travelling and I aboslutely adore this fresh mandarin scent and the foaming gel texture is just one of a kind.

On the hunt for a more affordable daycream I stumbled upon this Alverde Daycream Wildrose for dry skin. As it says it's perfect for my dry skin, really soothes irritations and hydrates, but at the same time this doesn't feel heavy and sinks in really quickly. The wildrose scent is really lovely as well. As this has no SPF, you have to apply some in addition, but for a normal day or just for squenching your skins thirst in between this really is perfect.

As I finally got a tan (shoutout to sun and warm climates!) all of my foundations are currently to light for my skintone. So just about 3 weeks ago a friend of mine introduced me to the TheBodyShop Vitamine E Cool BB Cream. It's supposed to freshen your look, moisturise and protect your skin. I got it in 'glowing shade' which is the perfect colour to go with both my pale (winter) skin and my tan as well. Because it's a BB cream it delivers light coverage, but totally covers my blemishes whilst I'm tanned (will use a concealer in addition during the colder months). I wore this on a really hot day whilst in Italy last week and it stayed on perfectly all day. 

I want to embrace my tan as long as possible, so in addition to my 'summer bace enhancers' (read here!), moisturising is key for me. After a long day out in the sun I've been applying the Nivea Sun After Sun Lotion with aloe vera. But also now after my holidays I will be using this after every shower. It cools your skin and hydrates it really well. And the fresh smell takes me back to holiday everytime..

Lots of Love
Julie