April 2, 2014

The Beauty: Travel Makeup Bag

If you follow me on Instagram you will probably know that I've been "on holiday" lately. So now I finally want to show you the inside of my travel makeup-bag!

I just went to visit my boyfriend at his parents house who live about two hours away from us. But as it is another city and another environment I love these small getaways as they're really relaxing. We did nothing fancy though, just a couple of nights out with friends and a bit of shopping.


Base: I've been using the L'oreal Lumi Magique Foundation for about two months now and am really happy with the results. I love the glowing look that doesn't leave you shiny, but just healthy and radiant! I apply my foundation either with the Real Techniques Buffing Brush or a faux Beauty Blender from Ebelin. To cover up my under-eye circles and perfect the radiant look I've found the Yves Rocher Radiant Youth Correcter (YSL dupe?!). It really has a lightweight formula but comes with enough coverage to (almost)  hush up any evidence of short nights. To set my concealer I use the Manhattan Powder in 'Translucent' applied with the Real Techniques Contour Brush.

Cheeks & Colour: To give my face a bit of a sunkissed look I use the brilliant The Body Shop Bronzer in '03' with a Ebeline Powder Brush. For a lovely hint of colour I either apply the Catrice Blush in 'Meet Berry' for a beautiful plum colour or just the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in 'Tipsy' with a Ebelin Blush Brush for a really natural look.

Eyes: I really take it simple on eye-makeup when I'm away, but I want to be able to create different looks for different ocassions anyway. This time I took the Kiko Eyeshadows in '234 Pearly Wine', '214 Mat Desert Sand', '220 Metallic Golden Rose' and '235 Mat Chocolate' away with me and applied them using the Zoeva Shader Brush (for all over application), the Zoeva Smudger Brush (for application in the angles and the outer-v of my eyes) and the KIKO Brush (perfect blender!). As always I took my favourite Mascara, the Clinique Hight Impact Mascara (& a random Eyelash Curler). And for moments in which I want to put some effort in I also took the Manhattan Eyemazing Eyeliner in '69U Brown Toffee' with me.   

Lips & Eyebrows: To fill in my brows I use the Kiko Eyeshadow in '242 Mat Dark Brown ' applied with a flat, thick Essence Eyeshadow Brush and set it with the Alverde Clear Brow Gel. As I have a lot of trouble with eczema around my lips I just take the Clarins Instant Lightning Lip Perfector on holiday, because I can always rely on this!

What are you're travel makeup essentials?
Lots of Love
Julie